Kerry Logistics Network Limited Vision Statement
Sustainable Logistics Solutions in Action
Kerry Logistics Network Limited (“KLN”) is determined to integrate sustainability into its corporate strategy – by making long-term commitments, setting near-term targets and taking tangible actions. We shall update our sustainability plan from time to time with reference to the technological developments in the logistics industry as well as the evolving dynamics of global challenges. Our sustainability vision is supported by three principles: Commitment, Action and Transparency.
- Net Zero – KLN is committed to achieving net zero carbon emissions from its operations and value chain by 2050.
- United Nations Global Compact (“UNGC”) – KLN has taken steps to become a signatory to the UNGC. We shall disclose our progress on sustainability initiatives annually through the UNGC platform, and share our learning with the industry, with a view to accelerating the development of sustainable logistics solutions.
- United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (“UNSDGs”) – KLN is committed to promoting UNSDGs in the countries we operate. We shall adopt appropriate initiatives to contribute to UNSDGs wherever practicable in our operations, and disclose the alignment of UNSDGs with our strategic initiatives in our sustainability reports.
- Carbon Reduction – KLN is in the process of establishing a comprehensive baseline for greenhouse gas emissions across its worldwide operations. We shall announce carbon reduction targets and explore the alignment of science-based targets across our supply chain.
- Renewable Energy – As part of its carbon management strategy, KLN shall take steps to reduce its carbon footprint by increasing the utilisation of renewable energy in its operations. Allowing for the differential development of renewable energy and relevant policies in the countries we operate, we shall encourage our respective operations to maximise the use of renewable energy whenever available and practicable.
- Carbon Offset – Recognising the importance of carbon offsets as a key way to drive the goal of net-zero, KLN announced a carbon offset policy in its Sustainability Report for year 2021.
- Taskforce on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (“TCFD”) – KLN has taken steps to become a supporter of TCFD, and is committed to implementing the TCFD recommendations by 2025. We shall increase the transparency on climate-related risks and opportunities, and implement climate actions in tandem with the contributions by our suppliers and customers.
- CDP (formerly known as Carbon Disclosure Project) – KLN has participated in CDP to track its progress in carbon management and emissions reduction.