Business Partner Code of Conduct
Business Partner Code of Conduct
Kerry Logistics Network Limited is an Asia-based, global 3PL with a highly diversified business portfolio and an extensive coverage in Asia. We offer a broad range of supply chain solutions from integrated logistics, international freight forwarding (air, ocean, road, rail and multimodal), e-commerce and express to industrial project logistics and infrastructure investment.
With a global presence across 59 countries and territories, Kerry Logistics Network has established a solid foothold in half of the world’s emerging markets. Our diverse infrastructure, extensive coverage in international gateways and local expertise span across the Mainland of China, India, Southeast Asia, the CIS, Middle East, LATAM and other locations.
Kerry Logistics Network is committed to conducting our operations in an ethical and legal manner in compliance with internationally recognised norms and business standards with respect to anti-corruption, human rights, employee health & safety, the environment, and product & service safety.
Our Sustainability Vision Statement has laid down the three principles: Commitment, Action and Transparency which integrate sustainability into our corporate strategy. Kerry Logistics Network is committed to achieving net zero carbon emission from our operations and value chain by 2050. Being a signatory to the UN Global Compact, we shall disclose our progress on sustainability initiatives annually on the UNGC platform and strive to contribute to the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals wherever practicable in our operations. Furthermore, we shall make reference to the baseline of greenhouse gas emissions for setting carbon reduction targets across our supply chain. Kerry Logistics Network shall take steps to maximise the utilisation of renewable energy and drive the goal of net-zero by adherence to our carbon offset policy. We shall increase the transparency on climate-related risks and opportunities and collaborate with our business partners to implement climate actions and conduct environmental and social risk assessment on their own operations for enhancing sustainability risk management.
Kerry Logistics Network expects our business partners to carry out their business with integrity in compliance with the provisions of this Business Partner Code of Conduct, which is based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights adopted by the United Nations General Assembly in 1948, the fundamental Conventions of the International Labour Organization (“ILO”) and the Rio Declaration on Environment and Development adopted in 1992 as well as the Environmental, Social and Governance Reporting Guide issued by Stock Exchange of Hong Kong. Kerry Logistics Network prioritises reporting on the materials topics that represent our most significant impacts on the economy, environment, and people, including impacts on human rights in pursuance of the GRI Standards.
Commitment to People First
We commit to maintaining a safe, healthy and productive work environment, and we count on our business partners to do the same.
- Follow safe standard operating procedures and comply with all applicable laws and regulations of the countries where we operate.
- Encourage employees to work safely and to immediately report any unsafe conditions or near misses.
We commit to establishing a culture that respects all people and reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We recognise and respect the rights of employees to form and join trade unions and bargain collectively in accordance with applicable law. We expect our business partners to share this commitment and to operate free of unlawful discrimination and harassment, abusive conduct and bullying.
- Treat employees equally and fairly compensate them by providing wages and benefits in accordance with applicable laws.
- Compensate employees in accordance with all applicable laws including those that relate to minimum wage and overtime hours. Wages shall in no event be below the minimum legal or collective bargain agreement amount.
- Disallow any discrimination against them on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, political orientation, or disability.
- Prohibit harassment, abusive behaviour, any forms of abuse, inhumane or degrading treatment, corporal punishment or intimidation.
We expect business partners throughout the global supply chain to respect human rights and jointly adopt the following principles.
- Prohibit employment of underage children or forced labour or any form of physical punishment or abuse and take steps to ensure that slavery and human trafficking are not taking place in their organisations.
- Ensure no involuntary prison labour and any situation requiring employees to withhold their identity documents prior to commencing employment.
Environmental Compliance and Sustainability
Kerry Logistics Network also encourages our business partners to support a precautionary approach to environmental matters and to collaborate with us on initiatives to minimise the environmental impact of the products or services they supply to us. Business partners shall comply with all applicable industry standards, laws and regulations in relation to the environment.
- Work alongside us to reduce the environmental impact of our operations.
- Mitigate the impact arising out of climate change by reducing the carbon emissions during operations.
- Protect the environment by the conservation of energy and natural resources.
Product & Service Safety
Business partners shall comply with the applicable industry standards, laws and regulations in relation to the safety of their products or services.
- Fulfill the legal and contractual obligations to the vendors and contractors who provide services or perform work in the supply chain.
- Be sure to check the applicable regulations, the availability and validity of specific license or permit that may apply to the particular products or services before delivery.
Ethics and Integrity
Kerry Logistics Network requires its business partners to adhere to high standards of ethical conduct and to respect the applicable anti-corruption laws and regulations in the countries where we operate, which may include the OECD Convention on Controlling Bribery of Foreign Public Officials in International Business Transactions.
Our business decisions shall always be made in Kerry Logistics Network’s best interests. We expect our partners to disclose to us (at email@example.com) any situation of which they become aware that could be considered as a conflict of interest in its business relationship with us, including any relationship between directors, employees, agents and/ or subcontractors of the supplier and those of Kerry Logistics Network.
- Never offer, authorise, give, promise, accept or offer to accept, anything of value in exchange for an improper advantage.
- Ensure no unreasonable or substantial gifts or entertainment to anyone in the context of your relationship with Kerry Logistics Network.
We abide by all laws in relation to anti-money laundry and sanctions designed to deter criminal enterprise, prevent terrorism and protect the national security of the countries where we do business.
- Exercise good judgment when dealing with customers or other business partners to prevent inadvertent use of our business activities for money laundering or terrorist financing.
We comply with all antitrust and global competition laws where we operate and expect our partners to always act with integrity and business ethics and never enter into any agreement that unlawfully restricts competition as well as never deceive, defraud or mispresent the facts.
- Compete fairly and share our unwavering commitment to conducting business and winning business with integrity and quality.
Protection of Our Property
We respect our assets and prevent them from misuse, manipulation, damage, loss, theft or, in the case of information, disclosure to unauthorised parties. Our business partners are requested to preserve our reputation and our Group brand.
- Use our physical and electronic assets for business use and never use them for personal benefit, outside work, in an unlawful or unauthorised manner.
- Never share confidential information with any unauthorised persons even if our business relationship with your organisation ends.
Intellectual Property Rights
We respect our trademarks, copyrights, patents and other assets (including internal publications and software programmes developed for or by our Company). This intellectual property belongs to Kerry Logistics Network and must be protected and managed appropriately in the manner stipulated in our contract or non-disclosure agreement.
Personal Data Privacy
We respect data privacy and we expect you to comply with all applicable local, national and international data privacy laws, information security laws, regulations and industry standards regardless of what services you provide to us.